The prestigious Kindness Matters Service Award is given annually by Lions Clubs International to a handful of Lions and Leo Clubs for performing an outstanding service project in one of our global cause areas.
Nominated at the club level, the Kindness Matters Service Award is a challenge for Lions and Leos to develop exceptionally innovative and creative service projects with the aim of leaving a positive impact in their communities.
To qualify for the Kindness Matters Service Award (KMSA) your club must meet the following eligibility and criteria:
- Are in active status
- Reported their project(s) in MyLion
- Did not receive the award within the last three fiscal years
- Addresses needs within Lions International and LCIF’s causes:
Diabetes, Environment, Vision, Childhood Cancer, Hunger, Disaster Relief, Youth, Humanitarian
- Demonstrates creativity and innovation
- Achieves impact of scale and long-term sustainability
- Uses Lions International’s values to shape positive experiences and create engagement and connection with the Lions brand (this is also known as “elevating the Lions brand”)
- August 15
Deadline for club service chairs and Leo Club presidents to submit one nomination to the District Global Service Team chair, Diane Whitley email@example.com.